Recipe by Izzy Knight
A very easy and delicious recipe from a popular spa retreat, Rancho la Puerta. It's low in calorie and fat, but packed with flavour. It's a great alternative lunch if you've been trying to squeeze in that new bikini from last summer.
Top Review by moxie
Yummy! I left out the sunflower seeds (didn't have any) and tossed in a tablespoon of walnuts instead. Still delicious -- but if you plan to eat this over several days, leave out the nuts until you're ready to serve it so they don't get soggy. I also added a little zest from the lime to garnish -- which gave the salad an extra kick. Thanks for the recipe, Izzy!
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice, unsweetened best
- 1 tablespoon raisins or 1 tablespoon currants
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 golden delicious apples or 4 Red Delicious apples
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, apple juice, raisins, sunflower seeds, coconut, lime juice, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Core the apples and cut into thin wedges or bite-size pieces.
- Toss the apples in the yogurt mixture and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.