I developed this recipe when a good friend with a history of severe heart problems needed something with less fat than traditional recipes. He loves this salad and requests it frequently. I'm sure that there are similar recipes but I couldn't find one on Zaar exactly like this.
- 453.59 g small red potato, cooked and quartered
- 177.44 ml chopped celery (Omit celery if on low sodium diet) (optional)
- 2 bunch green onions, chopped,using some of green part
- 118.29 ml plain fat-free yogurt
- 118.29 ml sour cream (regular, not fat-free)
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise (regular, not fat-free)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2.46 ml dried dill weed
- Scrup potatoes, quarter and boil gently until tender, leaving skins on.
- Drain and pour into a bowl with cover.
- Chop celery (if using) and green onions and add to potatoes, stirring gently so as to leave potato quarters intact.
- Mix together in a small bowl, equal parts of yogurt, sour cream and mayonnaise--approximately 1/2 cup of each--along with salt, pepper and dill weed.
- Pour over potatoes, stir gently, cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Stir gently again, before serving, in order to thorougly coat potatoes with yogurt mixture.
- NOTE: Use additional yogurt mixture if salad seems too dry.