1/2 Photos of Yogurt and Sour Cream Potato Salad
Gwanny Hill's Note:
I developed this recipe when a good friend with a history of severe heart problems needed something with less fat than traditional recipes. He loves this salad and requests it frequently. I'm sure that there are similar recipes but I couldn't find one on Zaar exactly like this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb small red potato, cooked and quartered
- 3/4 cup chopped celery (Omit celery if on low sodium diet) (optional)
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped,using some of green part
- 1Scrup potatoes, quarter and boil gently until tender, leaving skins on.
- 2Drain and pour into a bowl with cover.
- 3Chop celery (if using) and green onions and add to potatoes, stirring gently so as to leave potato quarters intact.
- 4Mix together in a small bowl, equal parts of yogurt, sour cream and mayonnaise--approximately 1/2 cup of each--along with salt, pepper and dill weed.
- 5Pour over potatoes, stir gently, cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 6Stir gently again, before serving, in order to thorougly coat potatoes with yogurt mixture.
- 7NOTE: Use additional yogurt mixture if salad seems too dry.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yogurt and Sour Cream Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.0
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.4 mg
- Sodium 132.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g