Recipe by DebbiF
I make these alot during the summer when the berries are fresh and in abundance. You can mix and match almost any type of berry. Very refreshing for when you don't want to cook and are hungry. Kids love them too.
Top Review by Audrey M
This recipe taste just like the parfaits at McDonald's. I was given some parfait glasses from Princess House but never used them. This looked so pretty in them. We had it as our dessert after our meal. To keep calories down, I used nonfat yogurt. With all the sugar from the fruit, you couldn't tell it as nonfat yogurt. This is such a keeper. My oldest daughter loves the parfaits from McDonald's and now she can make them at home. I will keep frozen fruit in the freezer for the times I don't have fresh on hand.
- 3 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt or 3 cups fat-free lemon yogurt
- 1 cup strawberry, in juice,fresh or defrosted frozen
- 1 pint fresh blackberries or 1 pint raspberries or 1 pint blueberries
- 1 cup good quality granola cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer 1/3 cup yogurt into the bottom each of 4 tall glasses.
- Combine defrosted strawberries and juice with fresh berries.
- Alternate layers of fruit and granola with yogurt until glasses are filled to the top.
- Serve parfaits immediately to keep granola crunchy.