Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I make these alot during the summer when the berries are fresh and in abundance. You can mix and match almost any type of berry. Very refreshing for when you don't want to cook and are hungry. Kids love them too.
- 3 cups nonfat vanilla yogurt or 3 cups fat-free lemon yogurt
- 1 cup strawberry, in juice,fresh or defrosted frozen
- 1 pint fresh blackberries or 1 pint raspberries or 1 pint blueberries
- 1 cup good quality granola cereal
- Layer 1/3 cup yogurt into the bottom each of 4 tall glasses.
- Combine defrosted strawberries and juice with fresh berries.
- Alternate layers of fruit and granola with yogurt until glasses are filled to the top.
- Serve parfaits immediately to keep granola crunchy.
This recipe taste just like the parfaits at McDonald's. I was given some parfait glasses from Princess House but never used them. This looked so pretty in them. We had it as our dessert after our meal. To keep calories down, I used nonfat yogurt. With all the sugar from the fruit, you couldn't tell it as nonfat yogurt. This is such a keeper. My oldest daughter loves the parfaits from McDonald's and now she can make them at home. I will keep frozen fruit in the freezer for the times I don't have fresh on hand.
Good healthy recipe. I used homemade granola and it turned out fine the only thing I wish I had done was to sprinkle a little sugar on the blackberries before adding them because the pint I had was especially tart. Would make again.
I had this as a low fat dessert over at a friends house tonight and this is wonderful. I can't wait to make this for my husband to try. I also think this would make a great low fat breakfast.