Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I regularly have yogurt which is just out of date. Rather than throw it out, I cook with it (it is a great alternative to sour cream in cakes too), these muffins are full of flavour and delicious. Use any vanilla or fruit flavoured yogurt and any type of berries, fresh or frozen (if frozen - do not thaw).
- Preheat your oven to 200oC and line 12 muffin tins with muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, eat the eggs until frothy.
- Gradually add the sugar while beating and slowly pour in the oil while still beating. Add the extract and beat to incorporate.
- Add in the yogurt and beat until smooth. (If your yogurt is overly sweet, you might like to reduce the sugar amount).
- Add in the flour and berries, carefully fold inches Don't over mix as the muffins won't rise very high and will be more stodgy than fluffy.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups with a large tablespoon.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 18-22 minutes.
- Don't eat until slightly cooled - the berries are hot!
Wonderful muffins that I will be making again! I used vanilla extract, Yoplait blueberry yogurt, and frozen blueberries. Filled the muffin pan and let sit for a bit since I did use frozen berries. Moist, great tasting, and easy to make! Made and reviewed for ZWT8 - 2012 The Fearless Red Dragons.
These came out very nice. I was a little worried about the eat the eggs until frothy since I didn't want any salmonella so I just beat them very well :) Would make again since these are so easy to make. Thanks again for a wonderful item for us to make.