Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This version of ambrosia is just a little different from the others that are posted. It is easy and yummy and a little more substantial than most ambrosias. Great for a summer treat or a holiday table. You choose! (Cooking time is actually chilling time.)
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, well drained
- 1 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- .In a mediium bowl, stir cottage cheese and yogurt until blended. Sprinkle jello over mixture; stir until well mixed.
- Stir in marshmallows, oranges, pineapple, grapes and 1/2 cup of the coconut. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve: stir ambrosia gently. Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
Made this to go along with Thanksgiving dinner and everyone enjoyed it. Makes a lot, but they enjoyed the leftovers and ate it all. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Made this for a park-wide gathering & must admit it was a hit ~ Even though a few didn't care for the coconut, the whole thing was gone well before everyone was finished eating! The 2 of us loved everything about it, so I'll be keeping the recipe around for future making! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]