Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This version of ambrosia is just a little different from the others that are posted. It is easy and yummy and a little more substantial than most ambrosias. Great for a summer treat or a holiday table. You choose! (Cooking time is actually chilling time.)
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup lemon yogurt
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, well drained
- 1 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- .In a mediium bowl, stir cottage cheese and yogurt until blended. Sprinkle jello over mixture; stir until well mixed.
- Stir in marshmallows, oranges, pineapple, grapes and 1/2 cup of the coconut. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve: stir ambrosia gently. Sprinkle with remaining coconut.