Recipe by VeggiesByCandlelight
It’s said that yogi tea purifies the blood .. lungs .. and circulatory system .. along with other benefits .. such as making one happy!
- 1 gallon water
- 30 cloves
- 30 whole green cardamom pods
- 30 whole black peppercorns
- 1 piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 1 black tea bag
- 1 pinch milk
- 1 pinch honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a fast boil in a stainless steel pot.
- Add whole cloves and let them dance for about 1 minute.
- Add peppercorns, cinnamon, cardamom and gingerroot.
- Turn heat down so it is just simmering, cover, and let lightly boil for 45-60 minutes.
- Finally, add black tea bag and boil another 5 minute.
- If adding milk & honey, do so after adding the tea bag and letting it steep– (** OR BETTER yet add milk and honey to individual cups or a small batch. That way you can store the raw tea in the fridge and prepare with milk and honey as you go).
- After adding milk and or honey, bring to a boil one last time.
- Remove from heat, and let sit for another hour (or overnight). This way it gets nice and strong so you can best enjoy this potent spice blend!
- Strain and refrigerate.