Prep 7 mins
Cook 10 hrs
You will think you are eating dessert at breakfast! (Not to mention it's so easy and convenient.)For this recipe I give credit to Kripalu Yoga Center from their truly wonderful cookbook. I am in love with this muesli.
- 473.18 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml rye flakes
- 236.59 ml almonds
- 177.44-236.59 ml raisins (I mix Thompson's and golden raisins)
- 236.59 ml dried dates, chopped
- 118.29 ml walnut pieces
- 118.29 ml sunflower seeds
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 946.36 ml unsweetened apple juice (not from concentrate) or 946.36 ml apple cider
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT apple juice in a bowl and mix well.
- Store this in an airtight container and scoop some out the night before you want it.
- For each serving use: HEAPED 1/2 cup dry muesli and 1/3 cup juice.
- Mix in a container with a lid and refrigerate overnight.
- Enjoy in the morning- preferably to complement a yoga practice (Yoga nut here) It just may help you become enlightened :-).
This is very good but I soaked it way less time out of preference. I do agree with mliss29 that 1/2 cup is not enough. I did not use rye flakes either like Sharon123 just added more oats. I used Thompson raisins, way less medjool dates as it was all I had left, forgot the walnuts, used raw sunflower seeds, a halal vanilla paste, no nutmeg as we do not consume intoxicants, the apple cider plus the rest. I would make this again the same way but add the walnuts and proper amount of dates.
Awesome breakfast! Next time I'll make a double batch. I used sliced almonds and I cheated and used from-concentrate apple juice. My only complaint is that 1/2 a cup is not enough! So I had some more with cashew milk made in the style of Almond Milk. I let that soak 5 or 10 minutes and it was great too. Thanks! Reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC tag.
I really enjoyed this! So easy and ready for you in the morning. I couldn't find rye flakes so used more oats. Thanks! Made for Zaar tag.