1/1 Photo of Yogi Bhajan's Yogi Tea
2 hrs 5 mins
This is the tea made and passed out at the end of class at YogaYoga in Austin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water to boil in a 3-4 quart pot.
- 2Add cloves and boil for one minute.
- 3Add cardamom pods (to better release flavor, crush or split pods), peppercorns, cinnamon sticks and gingerroot.
- 4Cover and simmer for 1-2 hours (longer = stronger).
- 5Add black tea (can use decaf).
- 6At this point you can cool the tea, strain it and refrigerate. I usually let it cool over night before straining.
- 7Or strain immediately and add the milk, return to boil and immediately remove from heat (or it will boil over).
- 8Add sweetener to taste (we like honey).
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yogi Bhajan's Yogi Tea
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.6
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 61.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green cardamom pods