Recipe by AustinMama
This is the tea made and passed out at the end of class at YogaYoga in Austin.
Top Review by 987728
This is a 5 Star recipe. I've been enjoying this recipe for more than 35 years. The only change I make is: I grate the ginger root, omit the black tea (this tea is perfect without the caffine) and I add milk to individual servings - along with the recommended honey! The best tea ever!!!
- 2 quarts water
- 15 whole cloves
- 20 green cardamom pods
- 20 black peppercorns
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 8 slices gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black tea
- 3 cups milk, can use soy
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to boil in a 3-4 quart pot.
- Add cloves and boil for one minute.
- Add cardamom pods (to better release flavor, crush or split pods), peppercorns, cinnamon sticks and gingerroot.
- Cover and simmer for 1-2 hours (longer = stronger).
- Add black tea (can use decaf).
- At this point you can cool the tea, strain it and refrigerate. I usually let it cool over night before straining.
- Or strain immediately and add the milk, return to boil and immediately remove from heat (or it will boil over).
- Add sweetener to taste (we like honey).