Top Review by waynejohn1234
I make similar biscuits to these but I add about 1/4 tsp. baking soda. This helps them rise a little more. They are healthy, but a little flat without extra leavening. Haifax Liz
- 225 g whole wheat flour (8oz)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 25 g margarine (1 oz)
- 150 ml yoghurt (1/2 Pint)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, salt, and baking powder..Rub in margarine. Form into a stiff dough with the yoghurt. Turn onto a floured board and shape with the hands until 2 cm/3/4 inch thick.
- Cut into rounds with a pastry cutter.
- Place on a lightly greased baking tray and bake in a moderately hot oven,Gas 6, 400 F, 200 C, for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve hot with butter.