Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 225 g whole wheat flour (8oz)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 25 g margarine (1 oz)
- 150 ml yoghurt (1/2 Pint)
- Mix together flour, salt, and baking powder..Rub in margarine. Form into a stiff dough with the yoghurt. Turn onto a floured board and shape with the hands until 2 cm/3/4 inch thick.
- Cut into rounds with a pastry cutter.
- Place on a lightly greased baking tray and bake in a moderately hot oven,Gas 6, 400 F, 200 C, for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve hot with butter.
I make similar biscuits to these but I add about 1/4 tsp. baking soda. This helps them rise a little more. They are healthy, but a little flat without extra leavening. Haifax Liz
We enjoyed these. They were very light and quite fresh-tasting. The dough was very fragile, so I shaped it into a square and cut it into nine little squares (easier than cutting rounds and reshaping). The scones didn't rise quite as much as I expected (but still fine), and I had to cook them for 15 minutes. Useful recipe, and one I will make again.
These were fairly simple and quick to make. I only got about 6 thin ones that nonetheless tasted great with peanut butter, jam and thick berry yoghurt. Thanks for a healthy recipe to satisfy my cravings!