Recipe by Cas & Lisa
My mum has been making several variations of this over the past few weeks ( I love it, my wife doesn't) with a long tail end of a hot Sydney (Oz) summer. Mum used to cut out recipes from newspapers an glue them onto card and keep them in boxes. She has meant to computerize them but hasn't so far. I mentioned this site and she will probably register soon. She is an amazing cook and worked profeesionally for a food section of an australian women's magazine (which she had to give up when she was pregnant with me!) She changed it a little from the orginal brownish bit of newspaper which is about 25 years old - gelatin instead of gelatin leaves.
Top Review by PJ Wells
Much easier for us yanks once it's converted to ounces. My kid's will enjoy this when we visit in October. Thanks. They live in Australia and will be surprised I have a recipe they know of. Very tasty and great for those hot Texas summer picnics.
- 800 g natural yoghurt (3 cups)
- 160 g icing sugar
- 2 lemons, rind of
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 3 cups lightly whipped cream
- 4 teaspoons gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the yoghurt with icing sugar, add rind& juice of lemons.
- Dissolve gelatin in 1/4 cup hot water.
- Add a spoonful of the yoghurt mixture to the gelatin, stir to mix, then add to the bowl of yoghurt.
- Add cream and blend.
- Pour into small dessert dishes (should fill about 7), or alternatively into large bowl (if not fussed about presentation!) Chill until set, which should only take a couple of hours.
- A nice way to serve is with a homemade raspberry sauce.