Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very nice pudding, which a German friend of the family used to serve to us as children. More recent experimentation has shown that I like it a lot without any sugar at all, so do feel free to adjust or omit the sugar (taste as you go along).
- 1 lb natural yoghurt
- 8 fluid ounces double cream (heavy cream)
- 2 ounces icing sugar, to taste (optional)
- 2 bananas, sliced finely
- 4 ounces raisins
- Whip the cream until it is stiff.
- Fold the cream gently into the yoghurt with the icing sugar. The amount of icing sugar (powdered sugar or confectioners' sugar) you need depends on your personal tastes for sweetness - this dish is actually very nice without any sugar at all, so how much you use is entirely up to you!
- Stir in the sliced bananas and the raisins.
- Refrigerate until serving, then serve in small bowls.
Made for PAC fall-07 and what a wonderful surprise. Amazing how something so simple can be so good and look so elegant. This will be a favorite from now on and I'll be sure to pull it out whenever I really want to impress company. The only changes I made was to omit the raisins (hate, hate them) and use strawberries & blueberries as that's what's ripe now in my garden and added 1/2 tsp vanilla to the cream when whipping. Thanks Syrinx for what is going to be my favorite dessert from now on. Wish I could give you 10 stars