Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I had dinner at my Persian friends a few nights and ago and he made this gorgeous dressing to go with lamb kebabs. I have since made it to with grilled chicken. It is very versatile and especially great with Greek, Moroccan or Middle Eastern dishes and very easy and quick to make. Make sure you use a good quality natural Greek yoghurt. Also great to use just a dip.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 bunch english spinach, washed, trimmed and chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat oil in a frying pan and add the spinach and garlic and cook until spinach is completely wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl add the yoghurt and spinach mixture together with lemon juice and salt and mix together.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving or if you want to use sooner put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes.