Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice alternative croissant recipe that is quite a bit healthier than cheese-based recipes. I haven't tried but I think they would also be nice if prepared a little ahead of time and chilled.
- 2 small plain croissants
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon crushed pineapple
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- Mix all ingredients except croissants in a small bowl.
- Place croissants in a baking dish lined with foil and pour mixture over the top.
- Bake in an oven for 10 minutes at 200 Celsius (400 Fahrenheit).
- Allow at least 5 minutes resting time before serving.
Easy & delicious! What a nice way to make school mornings special. Also good for bringing those day old croissants back to life. ;) I might try cardamom instead of cumin next time. Made for Aussie Swap 6/12.
Thanks, Peter, for another nice breakfast treat! Such an easy recipe for these great tasting croissants! Although I love the sweet treats in the morning, these really are very satisfying & something I'd be happy to make again! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #32]