Recipe by I'mPat
From The Australian Women's Weekly July issue Diabetic Special Guilt-free Sweets. Have not made this yet myself, so times are estimates. Have allowed for the 20 minutes and 2 hours setting times as part of the cooking time. Per serve:- 650kg, 6g protein, 0.5g total fat (0g saturated fat), 32g carbohydrate, 3g fibre, 120mg sodium and low GI.
Top Review by Good Looking Cooking
Great for summer this desert is not too sweet and light, served with the fresh fruit. I made lime jello as well as mango jello and layered the two and served it with fresh mango and kiwifruit to keep it light. My grandkids and my big kid DH gobbled this up. Will definitely be making this again as it is so quick and easy to make as long as you keep the setting time in mind. Made for recipe swap #22
- 85 g jelly crystals (jello mango flavour)
- 1 cup water (boiling - 250ml)
- 400 g low-fat yogurt
- 1 banana (medium - 200 grams, sliced)
- 1 kiwi fruit (medium - 85 grams, sliced thinly)
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (75 grams)
- 1⁄4 cup passion fruit pulp (60ml)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir jelly (jello) crystals with the boiling water in a small heatproof bowl until dissolved.
- Refrigerate for about 20 minutes or until cold (DO NOT allow to set).
- Whisk the yogurt and jelly until smooth.
- Divide yogurt mixture among six 1 cup (250ml) serving glasses/dishes; cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours or until set.
- Just before serving, top each jelly with equal amounts of banana, kiwifruit, blueberries and passionfruit pulp.