1/3 Photos of Yo-Yo Biscuits
Delicious, fine texture, buttery biscuits join together with sweet lemony butter cream or chocolate butter cream. Sometimes called Melting Moments here in Australia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 185 g butter, softened
- 75 g icing sugar
- 225 g plain flour
- 75 g custard powder or 75 g cornstarch
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
For butter cream
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C.
- 2Cream butter and icing sugar until light. Add sifted flour and custard powder. Mix well until forms into smooth dough.
- 3Roll dough into logs and cut it up into small pieces same size about 30g each.You should have about 24 pieces.
- 4Form into balls and place on tray and press with a fork.
- 5Bake for about 15 minutes. They should be very pale almost no color.
- 6Tip: Don't over bake them they will be dry.
- 7For butter-cream:.
- 8With electric mixer whip the softened butter with icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice and zest and more or less up to your taste.
- 9When biscuits are cooled join together with butter cream.
- 10Tip: If you prefer chocolate butter cream omit lemon juice and zest and add 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and 1tsp. vanilla extract.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yo-Yo Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (845 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.3
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 56.1 mg
- Sodium 187.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: