Recipe by Hanka
Delicious, fine texture, buttery biscuits join together with sweet lemony butter cream or chocolate butter cream. Sometimes called Melting Moments here in Australia.
Top Review by katew
Now these yo yo biscuits did not yo yo as they should but due to no fault of the recipe !! It was an incredibly hot day and the batter got so soft so quickly that they spread on the trays but tasted fabulous with still a fabulous texture. Due to the heat I cut my losses and did not fill them. The recipe certainly made a decent amount and the cooking time was perfect. I think I had better wait till the depths of winter before trying these out again and I look forward to perfecting them !!
- 185 g butter, softened
- 75 g icing sugar
- 225 g plain flour
- 75 g custard powder or 75 g cornstarch
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
For butter cream
- 130 g butter, softened
- 165 g icing sugar
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Cream butter and icing sugar until light. Add sifted flour and custard powder. Mix well until forms into smooth dough.
- Roll dough into logs and cut it up into small pieces same size about 30g each.You should have about 24 pieces.
- Form into balls and place on tray and press with a fork.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. They should be very pale almost no color.
- Tip: Don't over bake them they will be dry.
- For butter-cream:.
- With electric mixer whip the softened butter with icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice and zest and more or less up to your taste.
- When biscuits are cooled join together with butter cream.
- Tip: If you prefer chocolate butter cream omit lemon juice and zest and add 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and 1tsp. vanilla extract.