Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are a lot like what you all call Sloppy Joes--don't see much difference myself, but when I was a kid, my mom called them Yip Yips.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Brown ground beef in skillet, stirring until crumbly; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except cheese) Simmer for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on hamburger buns; top with cheese, if desired.
These were very good. My husband enjoyed them more than he thought he would. Suprisingly my kids ate them even with the onions in them. I did add some fresh garlic with the hamburger meat. I'm sure it didn't make a huge difference though.
Very good, I made them in the crockpot, and let them slow cook on low about 4 hours. Very good flavor, and easy to make. Thanks!