Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sweet and spicy! What could be better?!
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 lb chinese noodles or 1 lb linguine
- 1 cup carrot, julienne
- 1 cup celery, julienne
- 1 cup English cucumber, julienne
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 1 1⁄2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips and sauteed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- boston lettuce or savoy cabbage, leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Set aside.
- Cook the noodles/pasta in boiling salted water according to the instructions on the package.
- Rinse in cold water and drain for cold salad or drain and place in a large bowl if serving immediately.
- Add the vegetables and chicken to the pasta.
- Pour in the dressing and toss to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Toss to coat.
- To serve, line a plate or bowl with the lettuce/cabbage leaves.
- Top with salad and enjoy!