Recipe by Kendra*
This is my interpretation of a wonderful salad I had at the Buckhorn Grill in San Francisco. This salad was so good that I had it for lunch one day, then had it again for dinner that night!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag romaine lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup cabbage, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 5 radishes, thinly sliced
- 5 stalks green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup jicama, finely julienned
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar snap pea
- 1⁄4 lb deli roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, thinly sliced and toasted
- 1 (3 ounce) can French fried onion rings, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, Grated
- ranch salad dressing, as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Put romaine into a large salad bowl, then combine with celery, cucumber, radishes, and green onion.
- Mound salad into center of bowl.
- Top alternately with jicama strips, red pepper strips, and snap peas.
- Cut roast beef slices into bite-sized pieces and scatter over top of veggies.
- Sprinkle almonds and french fried onions over top.
- For dressing, shake ingredients together.
- Pour over salad. Serve with ranch dressing if desired.