Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
I grew up with this recipe and because I make it often never realized how simple this would be for others to make. It is a favorite in our house, hope it becomes one in yours. It is a one dish wonder! amounts can vary for taste or serving size. I make extra even though only 3 of us here so I have it for lunch or leftovers. Freezes well.
- 8 pieces chicken, cut up bone in (an kind will do I use a bend of breasts, legs, and thighs or what is on sale or in freezer)
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups water, and boullion mixed
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic (I use more for personal taste, usually 4-6 TBSP)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- mix rice, broth, seasoning, and garlic together in 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- place chicken pieces on top if rice mix.
- cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr or ntil chicken comes out without pink.
- THIS WILL VARY DEPENDING ON THE THICKNESS OF YOUR CHICKEN PIECES.
- Check oven after 45 min and then adjust time to suit.