Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I grew up with this recipe and because I make it often never realized how simple this would be for others to make. It is a favorite in our house, hope it becomes one in yours. It is a one dish wonder! amounts can vary for taste or serving size. I make extra even though only 3 of us here so I have it for lunch or leftovers. Freezes well.
- 8 pieces chicken, cut up bone in (an kind will do I use a bend of breasts, legs, and thighs or what is on sale or in freezer)
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups water, and boullion mixed
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic (I use more for personal taste, usually 4-6 TBSP)
- salt and pepper
- mix rice, broth, seasoning, and garlic together in 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- place chicken pieces on top if rice mix.
- cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr or ntil chicken comes out without pink.
- THIS WILL VARY DEPENDING ON THE THICKNESS OF YOUR CHICKEN PIECES.
- Check oven after 45 min and then adjust time to suit.
Thank you for sharing your quick and easy recipe. We enjoyed this subtle flavored rice. Made for Aussie Swap 01/10 :)
I don't know what i did wrong but some of the rice was overcooked and some was still hard, not so nice. Even though I stirred it around once.. But i like the idea so I will probably try again some time!
Excellent - my kind of recipe! Very similar to one I too grew up with and have used for years and years. Now I have it down on paper for my family cookbook! Used three large cloves of garlic and followed through as posted. Served with a green salad made for a wonderful meal.There will be plenty of reruns on this one.Thank you for sharing.