Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is actually my mother-in-law's recipe. Do not let the meat marinade more than 2 hours or the enzymes in the kiwi will break it down too much.
- 1 lb skirt steak
- 2 kiwi
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning mix
- Place kiwi, worcestershire sauce and water in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Mix lemon pepper and Fajita seasoning. Rub into steak.
- Place steak in a zip-top bag. Add marinade and place in fridge turning regularly for up to 2 hours.
I marinated some rump steak in a OAMC session and pulled it out of the freezer the other day and we had it last night. Was very tender and tasty. DH gave it the big thumbs up, even the kids ate their steak. Thanks for sharing.
I didn't have fajia seasoning mix so I used taco seasoning mix. The steaks were so tender and tasty. A little bit sweet maybe because of the kiwi. It was in the marinade near 1 hour and a half. Thanks Erindipity. Made for PAC Spring 2008.