Recipe by smellyvegetarian
This is my take on a recipe from Kraft Foods...can't leave well enough alone, I guess :). I like to serve it over whole wheat egg noodles (about 6 oz, cooked and stirred in before serving).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) package turkey kielbasa, sliced into coins
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 cup white wine (or I like sherry)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and carrot and cook until onion begins to brown, stirring often.
- Add sauerkraut, mustard, sherry, caraway, and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add kielbasa and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Serve mixed with egg noodles, over potatoes, or with chunky rye bread.