Recipe by charlie #5
I like to play with the below basic recipe. One of my favorites is to add a package of drained and squeezed spinach and some garlic to the beef or some mushrooms. Sometimes I add a little Worcestershire to the soup too. Occasionally I’ll add more soup. I love that this is SO versatile. Experiment with different soups, cheese, vegetables. Next time I’m going to drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top of the tater tots and sprinkle with some herbs. Perhaps garlic powder, Italian spices, or crushed red pepper flakes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 0.5 (10 7/8 ounce) can milk
- 1 (32 ounce) packagefrozen tater tots
- cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground beef with the dry onion soup mix and press into a 9x13 pan. Mix the soup, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour over the ground beef mixture. Add a layer of cheddar cheese. Arrange frozen tater tots over the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.