Yet Another Sourdough Starter (No Yeast)
- Mix thoroughly water, flour and molasses (or honey) in a covered plastic or glass jar.
- Place mixture in a warm draft-free area for several days.
- Each day stir, remove several Tablespoons of mixture and add several Tablespoons of flour and water.
- After yeast bubbles form, continue the process for 3 or 4 days. Starter is ready to use when bubbly and sour smelling. Mixture will be similar to pancake batter.
- Remove starter quantity for your recipe, store remainder in the refrigerator feeding weekly.