Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
It's my own variation on the Mexican Pinwheel theme. I just made it up for this past New Year's Eve and it was a big hit!
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can refried black beans
- 1 (10 count) package flour tortillas
- Mix the cream cheese and taco seasoning together. I don't use the entire can of Rotel tomatoes or Refried beans. About 4 tablespoons of each into the mixture. But you can adjust to your taste.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the tortillas and then roll them up tightly. Cover with saran wrap and chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Then cut them up into slices discarding (or eating!) the ends. Very easy but very good with a kick!
- The great thing is that you can mix in your own favorites into the recipe. Black olives, pimentos, etc.
This recipe has the potential to be a real winner; however, my family found these way too salty. Because of that, I would recommend cutting the taco seasoning in half. Adding a few other tidbits, like green onions and sliced black olives to give it more body, would be a plus. Made for PAC, Spring 2009. Thanks for posting Susan. (-:
I made this for an office potluck today, and was very happy with the results! I used some small tortillas and some larger ones, and I doubled the filling recipe too. The filling is soooo good! I think it would be good as a dip with crackers or vegetables too. I will definitely make this again! Thank you!