1/1 Photo of Yet Another Lasagna Recipe...
3 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
HEP MEP's Note:
I got this from my "ex-sister-in-law" many years ago,and I've played with it a bit since.It was the first lasagne I had ever eaten - how weird is that? I was about 24 at the time! She and my older brother were "newlyweds" and invited my whole family over for this dinner,including my husband-to-be. The sauce is DEE-LUUXE,and DEE-LIGHTFUL! I usually make it for Christmas Eve dinner,with salad and a good bread.(and a good wine!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs ground chuck
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (or more)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, with juice-broken up
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon basil
- lasagna noodle, cooked al dente
- 1Brown the chuck and onion in shortening till the onion is tender.
- 2Drain excess fat.
- 3Add minced garlic, parsley,tomatoes,tomato paste,and seasonings.
- 4Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5Mix ricotta/cottage cheese,eggs,salt,pepper and parsley in a medium bowl.
- 6In a 9x13 baking dish or pan,layer noodles to cover bottom.
- 7Add meat sauce,ricotta,and mozzarella slices.
- 8(I usually add some Parmesan and Romano at this point) Repeat layers twice more, ending with a layer of noodles and remaining meat sauce.
- 9Sprinkle with Parmesan/Romano and top with 2 cups shredded mozzarella.
- 10Bake covered in a 350 oven for approximately 40 minutes, or until bubbling.
- 11Uncover,and bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes,or until cheese is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yet Another Lasagna Recipe...
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.8
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 214.9 mg
- Sodium 1689.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 48.4 g