This is a must for any extended family get-together when I double the recipe. I also like this as an accompaniment to grilled chicken or on top of a baked potato. Quick and tasty! (Can sizes are an estimate b/c I don't have them on hand.)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies (I use "regular" as opposed to "mild" or "hot")
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies (optional)
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- garlic powder, to taste
- chili powder, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- dried cilantro, to taste (if you dont use fresh)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Except for one can of the Rotel tomatoes, drain canned vegetables.
- Mix together all ingredients, making sure spices are well blended in the veggies.
- Cover and refrigerate, allowing flavors to blend.
- Serve with chips, on baked potatoes, with grilled chicken, on tacos and burritos, or anyway you can think of!