1/2 Photos of Yes! This is a Potatoes, Eggs, Leeks & Cheese Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
Here is one of many potato dishes that we enjoy. I created this dish quite awhile ago and it always pleases the taste buds. This casserole is very quick and easy to make, with dynamite results. The tasty potatoes are flavorful, tender and very delicious. You won’t be sorry you tried this dish, there are never any leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large shallot, French, minced
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 large sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, garlic, room temperature
- 2 1/2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lb yukon gold potato, peeled, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a baking dish and set aside until needed.
- 3Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add the garlic, shallots, leeks, sweet onion and red pepper.
- 4Saute the vegetables for a few minutes until tender then transfer to a large bowl, until they are needed.
- 5In a processor or blender, combine the cream cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg, thyme and oregano, make sure to mix well.
- 6Next slowly add the milk, cream and eggs to the cream cheese mixture making sure to blend really well.
- 7Add the potatoes to the leek mixture coat well and pour into the prepared baking dish.
- 8Next pour the milk, egg and cream cheese mixture over the potatoes and sprinkle the cheddar and provolone cheeses on top of the potatoes.
- 9If necessary to prevent burning cover the potatoes with tinfoil.
- 10Before removing from the oven check that the potatoes are tender, oven temperatures can often vary.
- 11Bake for 1 – 1½ hours in a 350 oven.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yes! This is a Potatoes, Eggs, Leeks & Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.5
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 188.2 mg
- Sodium 1848.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 15.0 g