Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I was looking through all the tuna casserole recipes on "Zaar" and I came across the one by Chef Denise Nachtigal. I’ve tried this one of hers before and I was inspired to try my own.
Top Review by VickyJ
We had this for dinner last night. It was very good. I felt the consistency was a bit wet (that could have been from the cheese sauce, since I couldn't find cheese soup). I added more rice. It turned out yummy. Thank you, shapeweaver for a delicious meal! This was made for Photo Swap 8.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna in water (drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups leftover white rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups leftover vegetables (we like peas and carrots)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or chef's choice)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- onion powder, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except bread crumbs and shredded cheese.
- Mix until well blended.
- Pour into a lightly oiled 2 quart rectangular pan.
- Spread evenly in dish.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
- Then sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with your favorite green salad.