Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
After eating Chef Marg's Sweet, Creamy Coleslaw, I wanted to see if I could make my own. Thanks to you Chef Marg, I can. If you like your coleslaw a little on the sweet side, this is the one for you. I hope you enjoy it. Posted February 8th, 2006.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2-3 tablespoons granulated sugar (depending on personal taste)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients except coleslaw mix, mixing well.
- Add coleslaw mix, a cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Chill for 2 hours, or for better flavor overnight.
- Stir before serving.
I thought it had a good simple taste. When I was making it, I almost added more dressing because it looked too dry but once I left it alone in the fridge the dressing mixed it well with the cabbage. Very simple slaw with simple ingredients for when you need something quick. I only had it in the fridge 30 minutes and it tasted wonderful. Thanks
We really liked the change. My daughter really liked it. Thanks for a new taste.
This was such a nice change from the normal coleslaw we always have. A little bit tangy from the lemon and a little bit sweet from the sugar, we really enjoyed it! Thanks for the recipe, it'll be made often!