1/1 Photo of Yerushalmi Kugel
1 hr 40 mins
Chef #313133's Note:
Deliciously sweet and incredibly spicy, this kugel is easy-to-make authentic Jewish soul food
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Strain and set aside to cool.
- 2In a small 1 quart saucepan, dissolve the sugar and oil over low heat. Cook until sugar turns medium brown, stirring occasionally. (this should take about 20 minutes).
- 3Immediately pour carmelized sugar over cooled noodles, and stir with woden spoon to separate lumps (some will remain and this is okay, ugar will remelt during baking).
- 4Let cool to room temperature so as not to cook eggs.
- 5Mix eggs with salt and pepper and add to nodle miter. Mix well.
- 6Pour into 9x13 pan. Bake in oven set to 350 degres for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yerushalmi Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.8
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 223.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 25.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g