This is a delicious and different meat soup that comes from "Jewish Cooking for Dummies." You can thicken the soup with a slurry of flour and water if you like. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix cumin, turmeric, and pepper.
- 2Put beef in a large pot and sprinkle with salt and spice mixture.
- 3Cook for about 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 4Add onion and tomatoes and enough boiling water to cover meat.
- 5Bring to a boil and skim foam from surface.
- 6Cover and cook over low heat for about 2 hours.
- 7Peel the potatoes and add to the soup, if necessary, add water to cover.
- 8Cook over low heat until meat and potatoes are tender (about 1 additional hour) Adjust seasoning, remove onion and tomatoes.
- 9Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yemenite Soup
Serving Size: 1 (371 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.2
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 82.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 24.1 g