Recipe by Buster's friend
A wonderful confection from The Times-Picayune. It was under their "Emergency recipes" category - I can see how this would do well for camping or situation where power was not readily available for meals.
- 1⁄3 cup pitted dates
- 1⁄3 cup dried fig
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup dried apricot
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, toasted coarsely ground
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, toasted slivered
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted slivered, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dried fruit, honey, and spices in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add the pecans, slivered almonds, and orange liqueur and process until just combined.
- Form the mixture into balls about 1 to 1½ inches in diameter and roll the balls in the ground almonds.