Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 24 mins
This is absolutely delicious
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 beef bones
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef chuck, with bones or 1 1⁄2 lbs stewing beef
- 1 onion, peeled
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes, left whole
- 5 cups boiling water
- 6 small boiling potatoes
- Mix cumin, tumeric, and pepper.
- Put beef in a large pot and sprinkle with salt and spice mixture.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add onion and tomatoes and enough boiling water to cover meat.
- Bring to a boil and skim foam from surface.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 2 hours.
- Peel the potatoes and add to the soup, if necessary, add water to cover.
- Cook over low heat until meat and potatoes are tender (about 1 additional hour) Adjust seasoning, remove onion and tomatoes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This was fine, but on the bland side. I added garlic and some lime juice to try and perk it up.