Recipe by AliciaGski
Originally from Chicago Tribune. Something different yet not bizarre.
Top Review by Annacia
Made this last night from leftover roast chicken and it's purely delicious. I just made two servings as that was the amount of chicken I had. Had to sub in hot pepper flaked for the chili which I can't get here. The seasoning made this a grand switch off from the usual chicken salad. I want to try it with some added chicken broth for thinning to be served over rice or couscous.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 red seeded minced serrano chilies
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 chopped celery
- 1 coarsely grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil then simmer 8 to 10 minutes till done. (You could toast and cool pine nuts at this time too.).
- While chicken is cooling, mix mayonnaise and yogurt in medium bowl.
- Add garlic, chilies, pint nuts, green onions, celery, carrots, cumin, cilantro and parsley. Toss and set aside.
- Coarsely chop cooled chicken and add to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.