Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is one of my mom's favorite dishes that I make. This one's for you mom.
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
- 2 yellow squash, sliced (about 3/4 lb.)
- 2 zucchini, sliced (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine yellow squash and next 3 ingredients in a skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Combine butter and half of squash mixture in a large bowl; coarsely mash.
- Stir in eggs and next 4 ingredients; pour into prepared pie crust.
- Arrange remaining squash and zucchini slices on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.