Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Real Simple
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb yellow wax bean, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup whole blanched almond, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon of the salt and the wax beans, return to a boil, and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain and plunge into a bowl of ice water. Drain again and set aside.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the almonds and cook, stirring often, until they begin to turn golden but not brown, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with the remaining salt and the pepper.
- Place the beans in a large bowl, toss with the almonds, and serve.