Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Cooking Light. July 2003.
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 8 medium yellow tomatoes, each cut into 6 wedges (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ginger and next 5 ingredients (ginger through garlic); sauté 1 minute.
- Add vinegar, sugar, and salt to pan, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Pour spice mixture over tomato mixture; toss gently to coat. Serve at room temperature.