Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
It is a cold, rainy May day. Here in VA, we ran the heat because of the chill in the air. I got caught behind in my food prep for the day and needed comfort food to feed my husband and kids. I remembered my favorite yellow tomatoes I had frozen last August. I had peeled and saved them for just such a day in the future. Normally, I would have not created my own recipe, but I wanted 'Yellow Tomato Soup.' So, all the ingredients are added with the idea to keep the soup yellow. Thick from the roux, slightly acidic, delicious, simple yet unique...... Comfort on a cold, spring day. I hope you enjoy!
- Saute onion in butter and olive oil until sweated.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Dump in tomatoes, wine, and chicken stock. Simmer for 15 minutes until tomatoes have fallen apart.
- Season with herbs de provence or basil.
- Use an immersion blender to puree.
- Add as much of the evaporated milk as pleases you, to taste. Check your seasonings. Add the honey if it is a tad acidic.