vanilla sugar's Note:
It is a cold, rainy May day. Here in VA, we ran the heat because of the chill in the air. I got caught behind in my food prep for the day and needed comfort food to feed my husband and kids. I remembered my favorite yellow tomatoes I had frozen last August. I had peeled and saved them for just such a day in the future. Normally, I would have not created my own recipe, but I wanted 'Yellow Tomato Soup.' So, all the ingredients are added with the idea to keep the soup yellow. Thick from the roux, slightly acidic, delicious, simple yet unique...... Comfort on a cold, spring day. I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in butter and olive oil until sweated.
- 2Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 3Dump in tomatoes, wine, and chicken stock. Simmer for 15 minutes until tomatoes have fallen apart.
- 4Season with herbs de provence or basil.
- 5Use an immersion blender to puree.
- 6Add as much of the evaporated milk as pleases you, to taste. Check your seasonings. Add the honey if it is a tad acidic.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Tomato Soup: a Remembrance of Summer.
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.7
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 45.0 mg
- Sodium 427.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 13.6 g