Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe originally came from The Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas. It's a different salsa recipe. It's good served with lobster or mahi-mahi.
- 1 lb yellow tomatoes
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon champagne or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 serrano chili peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (use only if tomatoes aren't sweet enough)
- Pulse the tomatoes in a food processor until well chopped. DO NOT PUREE.
- Transfer the tomatoes and their juices to a mixing bowl and stir in shallot, garlic, cilantro, vinegar, chilies, lime juice, and salt. Mix well. Taste. If needed, add maple syrup to balance the flavor and sweeten slightly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until very cold. This may be refrigerated for up to 8 hours before serving. Seasonings may need to be adjusted to taste.
Delicious and different! I doubled the recipe as I have yellow grape tomatoes coming out of my ears. The sweetness (I did add a little maple syrup) is really nice with the hot serranos. I'll make this one again - it was so fast!