Julie in TX's Note:
This recipe originally came from The Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas. It's a different salsa recipe. It's good served with lobster or mahi-mahi.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb yellow tomatoes
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, very finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon champagne or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 serrano chili peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (use only if tomatoes aren't sweet enough)
- 1Pulse the tomatoes in a food processor until well chopped. DO NOT PUREE.
- 2Transfer the tomatoes and their juices to a mixing bowl and stir in shallot, garlic, cilantro, vinegar, chilies, lime juice, and salt. Mix well. Taste. If needed, add maple syrup to balance the flavor and sweeten slightly.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until very cold. This may be refrigerated for up to 8 hours before serving. Seasonings may need to be adjusted to taste.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Tomato Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 20.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g