Becoming a tradition for Thanksgiving. I use the yellow sweet potatoes and not the orange ones. I find that the orange ones are too dense and wet and the yellow ones are more fluffy like regular potatoes. This is a very sweet casserole - almost like a dessert!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1*Bothsugar amounts can be lessened if you don't want it too sweet (like maybe 1/3 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar).
- 2Preheat oven to 350°.
- 3Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- 4In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup melted butter, milk, white sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- 5Spread into baking dish.
- 6In a small bowl mix brown sugar and flour.
- 7Using a pastry cutter (or a fork if you don't have one) cut in butter until it's all crumbly, then stir in the pecans.
- 8Sprinkle over top of the potatoes.
- 9Bake 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yellow Sweet Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.5
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 140.1 mg
- Sodium 271.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: