Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Becoming a tradition for Thanksgiving. I use the yellow sweet potatoes and not the orange ones. I find that the orange ones are too dense and wet and the yellow ones are more fluffy like regular potatoes. This is a very sweet casserole - almost like a dessert!
- 4 -5 cups peeled cooked and mashed yellow sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 white sugar (*)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (*)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- *Bothsugar amounts can be lessened if you don't want it too sweet (like maybe 1/3 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar).
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup melted butter, milk, white sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- Spread into baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar and flour.
- Using a pastry cutter (or a fork if you don't have one) cut in butter until it's all crumbly, then stir in the pecans.
- Sprinkle over top of the potatoes.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
Rave reviews!! My family is very, very picky when it comes to veggies. But,I made them try this dish tho... Lo and behold they couldn't get enough!!! I didn't use yellow sweet potatoes because I had already purchased the reg ones. It was fabulous!!! Thanks!!