Recipe by Daymented
Becoming a tradition for Thanksgiving. I use the yellow sweet potatoes and not the orange ones. I find that the orange ones are too dense and wet and the yellow ones are more fluffy like regular potatoes. This is a very sweet casserole - almost like a dessert!
Top Review by Suzi777
Rave reviews!! My family is very, very picky when it comes to veggies. But,I made them try this dish tho... Lo and behold they couldn't get enough!!! I didn't use yellow sweet potatoes because I had already purchased the reg ones. It was fabulous!!! Thanks!!
- 4 -5 cups peeled cooked and mashed yellow sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 white sugar (*)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (*)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- *Bothsugar amounts can be lessened if you don't want it too sweet (like maybe 1/3 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar).
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup melted butter, milk, white sugar, vanilla, and eggs.
- Spread into baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar and flour.
- Using a pastry cutter (or a fork if you don't have one) cut in butter until it's all crumbly, then stir in the pecans.
- Sprinkle over top of the potatoes.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.