Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
We love the Vanilla/Cinnamon flavors in this one !
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (I use the kind labeled "Better For Bread")
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded yellow squash (I shred it in the Food Processor)
- Combine the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt and Cinnamon in a Medium bowl.
- Combine the Eggs, Sugar, Oil and Vanilla in a separate LARGE bowl.
- Beat well. ( I use a hand mixer).
- Stir in the Shredded Yellow Summer Squash.
- Add the dry ingredients to the Squash mixture.
- Stir until moistened.
- Pour or spoon into a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for about 10 to 15 minutes and remove from pan.
Very Good! We all enjoyed it. The only thing I did different was I added about a cup of chopped walnuts. Thanks for sharing.
Loved it... made as written and will try this recipe with zuch. as well. I think using bread flour also made a difference in the texture. I am getting ready to make more now.
I don't consider myself a cook, but after making this for my friend's I'm now called the master chef. Thanks for making me look good. It is a yummy bread!