Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
I hate the ugly yellow stains on my fingernails that are left behind by polishes. Using a good base coat helps prevent them but sometimes I still get staining. I've posted this recipe just as I originally found it. Since using it and testing out on my own badly stained nails, I've found that using 3 Tbsp. to 1/4 cup of warm water seems to work best. I use a little bit of Dawn on the toothbrush when I brush my nails. I've also found that this process takes a LOT longer than the 2 minutes called for in the original recipe. I end up soaking my nails for 2 minutes intervals about 5 or 6 times and I still have some yellow visible on my nails. I suspect there are better ways to get these stains off but I haven't found them yet. Try it and see what you think. If you have mild staining, this will probably work pretty well. You will need a toothbrush but the system will not let me add that to the ingredients.
- 3 teaspoons hydrogen peroxide
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the peroxide and water together in a small bowl.
- Soak fingernails 2 minutes or so.
- Use toothbrush to scrub the nails gently. Be very gentle with your nails to avoid damaging the surface. The stains should all come right off.
- You can follow this with cuticle oil to moisturize and protect your nails and cuticles if you wish.