Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple, delicious vegetable recipe that tastes good with any grilled meat that was marinated in lemon juice. It can be done on your gas grill's side burner so you don't have to run back and forth. My family is perfectly happy with ordinary, yellow, cooking onions, but if you have Vidalias in season it will suit them very well.
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 lbs yellow squash, sliced (if frozen thaw in a colander first and gently squeeze out the excess moisture so the squash will bro)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a large, heavy skillet. (I prefer my cast iron chicken fryer).
- Sauté onions until about half-cooked if you are using fresh squash or 3/4 cooked if using frozen squash.
- Add squash and sauté until onions are finished (soft and well-browned), and squash is just barely cooked through and beginning to brown.
- Toss with parmesan. Pass pepper grinder at the table.
Very good. I actually preferred it before I added the parmesan.
I gave this 3 stars. I really liked this recipe. My future hubby just liked it. I had to add 1 tbl more butter and a little water to my onion and squash to help it cook without burning. I seasoned my squash with the fresh ground pepper before serving. Overall this was really good and I will make it again. Thanks for posting a really good recipe. Christine (internetnut)
What an easy simple yet delicious recipe to use yellow squash, I did some amount adjustments and added in some cayenne pepper and fresh garlic, we loved this, thanks Killer!....Kitten:)