Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Fast and easy!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yellow squash, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup basil, finely chopped
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute squash until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Add water, salt and pepper.
- Simmer until squash is tender, 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in basil.
Very tasty and so fast and simple. Will definitely make again. this recipe could easily be used with other veggies like green beans, eggplant, etc. Will definitely make again.
Easy! Candy loved it, Tom liked it (hey, it's a vegetable, for him, that's a compliment) but my kids wouldn't touch it. Oh well, it was good in my opinion, something different to do with squash!
I made this last night to round out my leftovers dinner. This was fast and easy to throw together and very tasty. This is what summer tastes like! I served it with some sliced tomatoes. YUM. Thanks for sharing. :)