Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this up using ingredients i had on hand last night that I needed to use up. The results were good!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb yellow squash, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- Coat frying pan or sauce pan with olive oil and heat to a medium-high heat.
- Add in onions, squash, and green pepper and saute until everything everything is lightly browned but still has some crispyness to it.
- About 8 minutes for me.
- Add in seasonings and stir well.
- Let cook for an additional minute and serve.
pretty good, pretty, pretty, pretty good.
I made this recipe using both zucchini and yellow squash. I also added a little soy sauce when it was almost done. Easy to make and tastes great. I served this with Hamburger Steak and Gravy and Creamy Mashed Potatoes. Made for July 2011 All You Can Cook Buffet.
This is a wonderful vegetable dish. It is great to use with those vegetables you have in your garden. I used fresh garlic and also added zucchini. I served it with "Chicken Scampi".