Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Heart of the Palms
- 3 slices bacon, cut into fourths
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs yellow squash, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Saute bacon and onion in butter until tender.
- Add squash and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer over low heat 30-40 minutes.
This was a great side dish. I liked how easy it was to prepare. Next time I think I will use minced garlic in place of the garlic powder cause we like garlic and couldn't taste the flavor with using the garlic powder. Thanks for sharing the recipe.