Recipe by manda1027
These are yummy!! I made them just the other day. They are cross between a hush puppy and a fritter...
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread mix
- frying oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, slice and boil squash in a small amount of water until tender.
- Drain and mash squash.
- Add onion, egg, salt and pepper, and cornbread mix to mashed squash.
- If needed, you may add a little milk to make a very stiff batter.
- Drop by spoonfuls into hot oil, fry until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.