Recipe by Chef opey5274
I have made this recipe many, many times..It has NEVER failed to be a winner. It goes great with just about any main dish. The secret to it's success, is the Sweet and Sour sauce made by Kraft. I heat the sauce and served it from a small dish in the middle of the plate. It has a great taste. IT IS A WINNER !!!
- 1 cup yellow squash, that has been cooked with 1 medium onion..do not cook all to pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cooked squash and beaten egg, stir easy, so as not to tare the squash up.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt, stir well.
- Add squash mixture and onion;
- Drop squash mixture by teaspoon or level tablespoon into hot oil.
- (Don't make them to big!
- I like them no larger than a golf ball when they have finished cooking.
- Cook until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain well on paper towels.